Southern Pine realizes that economic development is vital to the growth of the communities it serves. Southern Pine is committed to those communities and is involved in promoting economic development opportunities in those communities.
The cooperative actively partners with towns, banks, economic development groups and local chambers of commerce to help businesses and industries locate or expand in communities within Southern Pine's service area. Such partnering helps ensure a strong future for the areas and the citizens who live in those areas.
Southern Pine also has a strong relationship with the economic development representatives of PowerSouth Energy Cooperative, our generation and transmission facility. Through this and other partnerships, Southern Pine stays abreast of the activities of the Alabama Development Office (ADO), the Alabama Department of Economic and Community Affairs (ADECA) and other state, county and city level industrial development organizations.
New businesses and industries, as well as the expansion of existing businesses and industries, means the development of more jobs in our local areas. Improved job markets mean a better future for our members and their children. That is important to everyone at Southern Pine because we live and work and raise our families right alongside those of our members. At Southern Pine, we believe in the power of human connections.
Economic Development Links
- Alabama Department of Economic and Community Affairs - Access this site for important Alabama economic development and community affairs informaion.
- PowerSouth Energy Cooperative Economic Development - Go to PowerSouth's web site (Southern Pine's power supplier) for information on economic development facilitated by AEC and other cooperatives across Alabama and northwest Florida.
- Alabama's Local Economic Developers - To find contact information, telephone and fax numbers and email address for local economic developers, simply access this web site.
- Alabama Industrial Development Training - This organization is an institute of the State Department of Postsecondary Education. Its purpose is to encourage economic development through job-specific training.
- Baldwin County Economic Development Alliance - This site provides important information on buildings, properties and sites available in Baldwin County, Alabama.
- Coastal Gateway Economic Development Authority - This web site provides information on available properties, buildings and sites in Conecuh, Escambia and Monroe Counties.
- Covington County Economic Development - Locate important information concerning properties, buildings and sites available in Covington County, Alabama on this site.
- Escambia County Economic Development - This site provides information on available buildings, properties and sites in Escambia County, Alabama.
- Monroe County Economic Development - Find information concerning available sites, properties and buildings in Monroe County, Alabama on this web site.
- Sites Across America - Sites Across America is a free Web-based site selection service that helps local businesses and economic development councils market thousands of properties, buildings and sites located in cooperative communities across the nation.
- South Alabama Regional Planning Commission - Find important information on this site concerning various loans and other funding available for economic development.